Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC Information Center


« Back To Knowledge Base

Escrow and Impound Accounts


How do I add or cancel an escrow/impound account?

If you have a FHA, USDA or VA loan we are unable to remove the escrow account from your payment. The escrow account is a requirement of your loan designed to reduce the burden of larger annual payments due.

I received a property tax bill, but my mortgage has an escrow/impound account for property taxes. What do I do? 

If you have an escrow/impound account for property taxes, we disburse the property taxes on your behalf. To ensure payment, please fax the property tax bill to  817-826-2385 or mail it to:

P.O. Box 9213
Coppell, TX 75019-9229

I received a supplemental property tax bill and my loan has an escrow/impound account for property taxes. Will CMS pay the supplemental property tax bill? 

The monthly payment(s) collected as part of an escrow/impound account are for the scheduled tax payment(s) when they become due. A supplemental property tax bill is not a regularly scheduled tax payment. For that reason, payment of the supplemental property tax bill would remain the responsibility of the homeowner(s).

I have damage to my property, what should I do?

If your home has sustained property damage, please contact your home owner’s insurance carrier immediately to file a property damage insurance claim. Please contact Carrington Mortgage Services at 1-866-328-0343, once you’ve reported your claim to your insurance carrier or if you have any questions regarding the process for property damage claim loss draft processing.


Tags: Escrow

Popular Stories